Watch or Click to Cruise 2012
Official Contest Rules
Rogers Broadcasting Ltd | The Shopping Channel
1. Contest starts at 12:01 am on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 and continues until 11:59 pm on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 (the "Contest Closing Date"). All times are Eastern. One entry per person per day. No purchase necessary.
(a) Tune into The Shopping Channel on-air broadcast or browse The Shopping Channel's website and spot the Roaming Gnome five (5) times. Make a note of the date and hour that you saw the Roaming Gnome on air or where you saw it online. Then, go to www.TheShoppingChannel.com/birthday to complete the entry ballot in full including the date and hour that you saw the Roaming Gnome on air or where you saw it online over the course of the Contest Period, and submit as instructed by the Contest Closing Date. Each entry must have five (5) unique sightings noted to qualify.
(b) Mail in an entry form stating the date and hour you saw the five (5) Roaming Gnomes on air and/or where you saw it online, together with your name, mailing address and daytime telephone number, plus age; and mail it by regular post bearing sufficient postage to the 25th Birthday Cruise Contest 2012, c/o The Shopping Channel, 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2P9. One (1) mailed in entry per person and must be postmarked by the Contest Closing Date.
2. (a) A random draw will be done by a representative of The Shopping Channel, from all eligible entries received at approximately 12 noon on March 7, 2012 at The Shopping Channel office at 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, Ontario. The selected entrants will be contacted by telephone.
(b) If a selected entrant cannot be reached within three (3) days following the draw, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a release of liability as specified below, another eligible entrant will be selected.
3 (a) Participants are eligible to win one (1) of twenty-five (25) Grand Prize packages consisting of return air travel, economy class, for two (2) adults, from a major Canadian International Airport closest to the winner's home to Miami, Florida, USA, a one (1) night stay before the cruise departure at hotel in Miami, Florida, USA (solely determined by The Shopping Channel), a four (4) night cruise on the Royal Caribbean, (solely determined by The Shopping Channel), based on double occupancy; $100 CDN for transport to and from the airport. Not included in the prize are gratuities, alcohol and excursions. Approximate value of the Grand Prize is up to $5000 per trip. Winner must be available to attend during May 6, 2012 to May 11, 2012 (subject to change) or prize will be forfeited.
Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for all ground transportation, taxes, transfers, travel insurance, spending money, tips, meals and other travel and hotel charges not specifically mentioned as part of the prize. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining their own travel documents in advance of the departure date. The Shopping Channel is not responsible in the event winner and/or travel companion are refused entry on plane for whatever reason and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeit. The Shopping Channel does not assume responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled flights after ticketing of prize for any reason. Winner and travel companion must travel together. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
4. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. The Shopping Channel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
5. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time; and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
6. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph, video or audio of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by The Shopping Channel and/or its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
7. This contest is open to residents of Canada, who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and excludes employees of the The Shopping Channnel, their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
8. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Entrants who have completed the registration form to receive special offer updates from The Shopping Channel agree to receive promotional offers, coupons and special information from The Shopping Channel via email or mail. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Date to Birthday Cruise Contest, c/o The Shopping Channel, 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5T 2P9 or visit www.TheShoppingChannel.com/winners after the Contest Selection Date.
9. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by The Shopping Channel. The Shopping Channel takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. The Shopping Channel is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of The Shopping Channel and will not be returned.
11. By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless The Shopping Channel, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the "Releasees") from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s). Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
12. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by The Shopping Channel. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
13. (a) The Shopping Channel assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Shopping Channel reserves the right, subject to the authority of the R�gie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Qu�bec, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Shopping Channel reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
14. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the R�gie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Qu�bec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the R�gie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by The Shopping Channel affecting the conduct of this contest are subject to a ruling of the R�gie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Qu�bec.