*Official Rules | National Shopping Day Contest 2012
Rogers Broadcasting Ltd | The Shopping Channel
1. (a) Contest period starts at 10:00 PM EST on Sunday, September 30, 2012 and continues until 6:59 am EST on Tuesday, October 2, 2012, the "Contest Closing Date". No purchase necessary. To enter: purchase any item from The Shopping Channel during the contest period, by calling 1-888-2020-888 or online at theShoppingChannel.com to be automatically entered into the contest. One entry per order. Gift cards and auto delivery purchases do not qualify OR write a 50 word essay about "What do you plan on doing on National Shopping Day" hand written in blue ink with your name, address and day/evening telephone numbers and date of birth (for verification purposes) in an envelope with sufficient postage and mail it to The Shopping Channel, National Shopping Day Contest, 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, ON L5T 2P9. Mailed in entries must be postmarked by the Contest Closing Date. One (1) entry per envelope per person/day. (b) The Shopping Channel is always looking to share testimonials from customers and by submitting your essay, you agree to allow The Shopping Channel the right to share your essay and your name and city either in print, online or on-air. (c) A random draw by a representative of The Shopping Channel from all entries received during the contest period will be made at approximately 12 noon on Friday, November 2, 2012. (d) If the selected entrant cannot be reached within three (3) days following the draw, incorrectly answers the skill testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, another entrant will be selected.
2. (a) Participants are eligible to win one (1) of twenty five (25) prizes each consisting of a $500 CDN shopping spree with The Shopping Channel to be issued in the form of a prepaid Shopping Channel credit card or a credit on the winner's customer account. If the winner is not a customer of The Shopping Channel, an account will be set up. (b) Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. The Shopping Channel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Prize cannot be substituted for cash.
3. To be declared a winner, selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
4. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, any submissions, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by The Shopping Channel and/or their advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
5. This contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence excluding employees of The Shopping Channel, their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
6. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. For the names of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Date to National Shopping Day Contest , c/o The Shopping Channel, 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5T 2P9 or visit www.TheShoppingChannel.com/winners after the Contest Closing Date.
7. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by The Shopping Channel. The Shopping Channel takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. The Shopping Channel is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of The Shopping Channel and will not be returned.
9. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless The Shopping Channel, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the "Releasees") from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s). Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
10. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by The Shopping Channel. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
11. (a) The Shopping Channel assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Shopping Channel reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. (b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted (if applicable to this contest) at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
12. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by The Shopping Channel affecting the conduct of this contest are subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.