Have Your Say for the Chance to Win Contest | Official Rules
The Shopping Channel | Rogers Media 2012
1. Contest starts at 12:01 am on Monday, April 16, 2012 and continues until 11:59 pm on Sunday, April 29, 2012 (the "Contest Closing Date"). All times are Eastern. One entry per product reviewed. No purchase necessary.
(a) To enter, go to any product detail page on theShoppingChannel.com and click on the write a review link to log into your account and submit a product review. Review entries can only be for items you have purchased from The Shopping Channel. All existing product reviews on theShoppingChannel.com will be automatically entered into the draw.
b) Write a 50 word essay about "What you love about shopping at The Shopping Channel" hand written in blue ink with your name, address and day/evening telephone numbers and date of birth (for verification purposes) in an envelope with sufficient postage and mail it to The Shopping Channel, Write a Review Contest 2012, 59 Ambassador Drive , Mississauga , ON L5T 2P9 . Mailed in entries must be post marked by the Contest Closing Date. One (1) entry per person per day.
2. REVIEW REQUIREMENTS: BY SUBMITTING A REVIEW, YOU AGREE THAT THE REVIEW COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE CONTEST RULES. THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR REVIEW BY THE CONTEST PARTIES AND THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
To be eligible for entry in this Contest, your Review must be: (i) 500 words or less; (ii) written in English; (iii) written in the space provided; and (iv) adhere to the criteria set out in these rules (the "Terms"). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules and by the interpretation of these Contest Rules by The Shopping Channel, and further warrants and represents that his/her Review:
(a) is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Review to enter the Contest;
does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
without limiting the generality of the Terms, is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; explicit, graphic or sexual activity or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or electronic); conduct or other activities in violation of these Contest Rules; commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of The Shopping Channel; any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos, other than those of The Shopping Channel; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by The Shopping Channel and/or the Contest Parties in its/their sole discretion.
By entering the Contest and submitting a Review, each entrant: (i) grants to the The Shopping Channel, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Review, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Review in favour of The Shopping Channel; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, The Shopping Channel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit or disqualify any Entry, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Review, for any reason.
A random draw by a representative of The Shopping Channel, from all eligible entries received will be made at approximately noon on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at The Shopping Channel office at 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, Ontario. The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone or email
If a selected entrant cannot be reached within three (3) days following the draw, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a release of liability as specified below, another eligible entrant will be selected.
6. Participants are eligible to win one (1) pair of 14K white gold 0.50CTW Diamond Bezel Set of Solitaire Earrings – Valued at $1,499.99.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. The Shopping Channel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
8. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time; and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph, video or audio of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by The Shopping Channel and/or its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
10. This contest is open to residents of Canada, who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and excludes employees of The Shopping Channel, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
11. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Entrants who have completed the registration form to receive special offer updates from The Shopping Channel agree to receive promotional offers, coupons and special information from The Shopping Channel via email or mail. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Date to Write a Review Contest, c/o The Shopping Channel, 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5T 2P9 or visit www.TheShoppingChannel.com/winners after the Contest Selection Date.
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by The Shopping Channel. The Shopping Channel takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. The Shopping Channel is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of The Shopping Channel and will not be returned.
14. By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless The Shopping Channel, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the "Releasees") from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s). Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
15. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by The Shopping Channel. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
The Shopping Channel assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Shopping Channel reserves the right to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Shopping Channel reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
17. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by The Shopping Channel affecting the conduct of this contest are subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.