Contest runs from 12:01 am on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 and continues until 11:59 pm on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. Must be Canadian resident over the age of majority to enter. All times are Eastern. Only one (1) entry per order. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Grand prize is estimated as $7,000, Secondary prize value is estimated at $270 and Third prize is $250 each. Mathematical skill-testing question to be correctly answered to win. No purchase necessary. Full rules can be found below.
CONTEST RULES | WIN Elizabeth Grant Skincare for Life! 2013
The Shopping Channel
1. Contest starts at 12:01 am on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 and continues until 11:59 pm on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 (the "Contest Closing Date"). All times are Eastern. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per order.
2. (a) Purchase any Elizabeth Grant item from The Shopping Channel during the contest period by calling 1-888-2020-888 or online at www.TheShoppingChannel.com to be automatically entered into the contest. OR
(b) Write a 50 word essay about " What you love about Elizabeth Grant products" hand written in blue ink with your name, address and day/evening telephone numbers and date of birth (for verification purposes) in an envelope with sufficient postage and mail it to The Shopping Channel, Elizabeth Grant for Life Giveaway, 59 Ambassador Drive , Mississauga , ON L5T 2P9 . Mailed in entries must be post marked by the Contest Closing Date. One (1) entry per person.
3. A random draw by a representative of The Shopping Channel, from all eligible entries received will be made at approximately noon on Monday, February 25, 2013 at The Shopping Channel office at 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, Ontario. The first entry selected will be the selected entrant for the Grand Prize. The next one hundred (100) entries selected will be the selected entrants for the Second Prizes. The next three (3) entries selected will be the selected entrants for the Third Prize. The selected entrants will be contacted by telephone or email.
4. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within three (3) days following the draw, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a release of liability as specified below, another eligible entrant will be selected
5. Participants are eligible to win one (1) of the following prizes:
* (a) Grand prize of each Elizabeth Grant Today's Showstopper from The Shopping Channel from February 2013 for Life**, valued at an estimated $7000 ** Grand Prize Terms and Conditions:
The Grand Prize will continue to be awarded during the life of the Grand Prize winner or twenty (20) years, whichever occurs first (the "Grand Prize Period"). If the Grand Prize winner dies prior to the conclusion of the Grand Prize Period, no further prizing will be awarded. Neither the Grand Prize (or portion thereof), nor any entitlement or payment relating to it, may be assigned, transferred, sold, lpaned, leased, rented, pledged, mortgaged or hypothecated, by the Grand Prize winner. In the event Elizabeth Grant Corporation ceases to carry on business or ceases to make beauty products during the Grand Prize Period, the Grand Prize Period will end and the Grand Prize winner will be entitled to receive a cash payout of the remaining value of the Grand Prize. In the event The Shopping Channel ceases to carry on business during the Grand Prize Period, the Grand Prize Period will end and the Grand Prize winner will be entitled to receive a cash payout of the remaining value of the Grand Prize. At the end of the first five (5) years of the Grand Prize Period, a buy-out of the remaining value of the Grand Prize may be triggered at any time by The Shopping Channel or the Grand Prize winner upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to the other party. In such event, the Grand Prize winner will receive the cash value remaining for the Grand Prize
* (b) One (1) of one hundred (100) Secondary prizes of the Elizabeth Grant's Today's Showstoppers from The Shopping Channel from February to December 2013, beginning, valued at an estimated $350 each. The Secondary Prize will continue to be awarded until Elizabeth Grant's last Today's Showstopper of 2013. Neither the Secondary Prize (or portion thereof), nor any entitlement or payment relating to it, may be assigned, transferred, sold, loaned, leased, rented, pledged, mortgaged or hypothecated, by the Secondary Prize winner. In the event Elizabeth Grant Corporation ceases to carry on business or ceases to make beauty products during the Secondary Prize Period, the Secondary Prize Period will end and the Secondary Prize winner will be entitled to receive a cash payout of the remaining value of the Secondary Prize. In the event The Shopping Channel ceases to carry on business during the Secondary Prize Period, the Secondary Prize Period will end and the Secondary Prize winner will be entitled to receive a cash payout of the remaining value of the Secondary Prize. Secondary Prize will only be shipped to a Canadian address.
* (c) One (1) of three (3) Elizabeth Grant Gift Baskets valued at $250 each
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. The Shopping Channel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
6. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
7. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their photo entry, name, city of residence and/or anything that may be taken in publicity carried out by The Shopping Channel and/or its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
8. This contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and excluding employees of The Shopping Channel, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
9. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Entrants who have completed the registration form to receive special offer updates from The Shopping Channel agree to receive promotional offers, coupons and special information from The Shopping Channel via email or mail. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Date to Elizabeth Grant for Life Contest 2013, c/o The Shopping Channel, 59 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5T 2P9 or visit www.TheShoppingChannel.com/winners after the Contest Closing Date.
10. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by The Shopping Channel. The Shopping Channel takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. The Shopping Channel is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of The Shopping Channel and will not be returned.
12. By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless The Shopping Channel, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their parent and affiliated companies, and their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the "Releasees") from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared a winner, the prize. Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. Winner's travel companion must also sign and return a Declaration and a Liability/Publicity Release prior to being ticketed or within such other period as The Shopping Channel may specify. Winner's travel companion cannot be changed after the Declaration and Release are received. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs, videos or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
13. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by The Shopping Channel. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
14. (a) The Shopping Channel assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Shopping Channel reserves the right, subject to the authority of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Shopping Channel reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
15. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by The Shopping Channel affecting the conduct of this contest are subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.