Pre-recorded videos contain pricing or promotional offers that may have expired. Please note, audio may not be available with all videos.
Please enter your personalized text to appear on your item.
You are adding more than 1 item with the same personalization to the cart.
The following personalized text will appear on all these items:
The following personalized text will appear on your item:
This item is currently sold out. Please check again at a later date.
For more information, please contact 1-888-2020-888.
While four different signature combinations exist on 1954 modified series banknotes, the first and scarcest are the first and oldest notes bearing the signatures of Beattie and Coyne as the deputy governor and governor of the Bank of Canada. This collection includes scarce Beattie / Coyne $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50 & $100 notes, all in excellent collectable condition. All of the notes come displayed in high quality "museum views" presentation holders. While slightly more than 10% of the total number of 1954 modified series notes originally released featured the "Beattie - Coyne" signatures, only about 1% - 2% of surviving notes are "Beattie - Coyne" instead of the later notes. Most advanced collectors of Canadian banknotes try to assemble all of the different signatures for each note. Signatures appearing on Canadian banknotes change when the governor or deputy governor of the Bank of Canada change. 1954 modified notes feature the following signatures:
• 1st issue: Beattie - Coyne
• 2nd issue: Beattie - Rasminsky
• 3rd issue: Bouey- Rasminsky
• 4th issue: Lawson-Bouey
The original "young portrait" of Queen Elizabeth appears on all the face of all of the banknotes.
• $1. Western Prairie scene
• $2. Landscape from the Upper Melbourne, Richmond, Quebec
• $5. Otter Falls, mile 996, Alaska Highway • $10 Mount Burgess, B.C.
• $20 Laurentians in winter
• $50 Beach and breakers at Lockport, Nova Scotia
• $100 Okanagan Lake, B.C.
• 1954 Paper Money Collection ($1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50 & $100) with scarce "Beattie / Coyne" signatures